- Gransnet was launched in 2011 by Justine Roberts, the founder of Mumsnet.
- It’s a social forum where users can post comments, questions or join discussions on just about anything.
- At present we have 700K unique users per month.
- Our target audience is THE UK’s 14 million grandparents and while we do have a busy ‘shed’ for granddads – currently 92% of our users are female.
- These are women looking for online social communities and advice and information.
- Gransnetters range in age from their 40s to early 90s with an average age of 62.
- 60% of our users are under 65.
- As you may be aware – by 2020 50% of the population will be over 50. So the potential market is huge.
Free listings in our local directory
We offer free listings to businesses, services and organisations in our local directory. Anyone can add a listing, all they need to do is join the site and they can list in any relevant category. Listings can be updated by the person who originally added them and are date stamped so are automatically removed once the event is over. We do not carry out of date listings which means users do not waste their time trawling through irrelevant information.
We have a dedicated offers page where businesses can promote discounts, offers and competitions to our users. Space on the offers page is priced at £20 including VAT. Offers for our users can be supported with promotion on Twitter and Facebook alongside editorial features where appropriate.
We offer prominent adverts on the right hand side of the page on all pages of the site. You can use a custom made drop in advert or use our create an advert tool. The advert can link to your own website. All advertisements come with social media back up- tailored Tweets, Facebook posts, inclusion in monthly newsletter and editorial features if appropriate.
Rates on local sites are £20 per month for a targeted area, and then £10 per subsequent targeted area per month.We can offer free premium advertising to charities and charitable fundraising events. We are willing to negotiate discounts if more than one month is booked and paid for.
We can offer you space for a local guest blog post – a personal story of local interest – which will feature on this blog (backed up with Facebook and Twitter promotion) and, if suitable, will be published on our website with the opportunity for our members to comment on and discuss the post.
Email Us for more details: email@example.com